This full-time position is responsible for greeting passengers at the Lewiston Nez Perce County Airport terminal, answering questions, and providing directions and limited baggage assistance. Facility duties include security assessments, light cleaning and sanitizing, monitoring parking lots, and addressing potential hazardous environments for the public. Additional duties include driving an airport shuttle to various locations in the region.
• Responsible for greeting passengers in the terminal building and answering questions, providing directions, and assisting with baggage and self-paid parking systems.
• Monitor shuttle schedule and drive a shuttle van up to 15 passengers to/from LWS terminal to various locations in the region including University of Idaho, Washington State University.
• Performs light cleaning of shuttle vans and within the airport terminal facilities and public areas.
• Monitor and remove snow and ice on sidewalks and building terminal entrances.
• Conduct parking lot inspections and issue notices to non-paying customers.
• Conduct security door tests and clear door alarms
• Perform general computer operation for parking programs, training programs, and emails.
• Ability to productively work alone or in a teamwork environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read and understand documents, and document work activities as assigned.
• Exercise fluent and courteous communication in English with passengers, co-workers, tenants, the public, and government officials.
• Ability to learn general knowledge and guidelines of airport policies and procedures which may include federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Pass a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC).
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• 1 year of customer service experience.
• Valid Idaho or Washington driver’s license with a safe driving record consistent with airport policies.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with commercial passengers, TSA, airline and café personnel, co-workers, volunteers, government officials and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is typically performed while intermittently sitting or standing, able to lift or move or up to 50lbs. Able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or stand for extended periods of time. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is typically performed inside and outdoors; which may have periodic exposure to noise, dust, contagious and infectious diseases, machinery with moving parts, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective personal equipment.
SUPERVISION: None. This position reports to the Security Deputy or Maintenance Deputy.